14 December 2007

Guilty Pleasures: Zac Efron and Hairspray.


Uh, yeah. So this year everyone was riding Zac Efron's jock and how he's a talented young dude who's also pretty hot, in that plastic, rich frat-dude-who-seems-like-the-perfect-kid-but-turns-out-he's-an-X-
dealer-and-maybe-a-casual-rapist kind of way. But I never put him into my equation because I thought he was only 17 or whatever. But turns out he's 20, so I didn't really feel guilty to think he was plastically hot.

Also--he was Link Larkin in Hairspray. I really couldn't put two and two together, because I never really bothered, but after reading a friend's post about his role in the movie, I finally got it. And I realized I actually like Zac Efron.

Lame or not, he is talented, and it really showed in Hairspray, which was my guilty pleasure film of the year. What can I say, I'm a sucker for musicals, no matter how cheesy they are.

Though I don't like musicals enough to watch the lamefest that is High School Musical and the sequels. Anything ran by Disney is not a good look.

No comments: