04 December 2007

And now for your anti-drug addiction PSA: Please save Amy Winehouse.

Image courtesy of The Superficial

All year I trashed the woman because I thought she was overrated, but I really feel for the kid. The fact that she's had body image issues and self-mutilation issues and attachment issues doesn't really make her a candidate to fight a personal battle alone. She needs a really strong support system.

I've been surrounded by addictions and mental illness all my life and the one thing I can is the strong difference between those who overcome said convictions are the ones who have a strong support system, and the ones who do not have a strong supporting system simply do not. And no, enablers are not supportive.

On a lighter note:

She's healthy and she's smiling throughout the video. Climb out of that hole, love. I'll root for you.

No comments: