08 January 2008

What the hell is going on with The Boondocks?


I was super-pumped to watch the new Boondocks episode last night, and I saw that Adult Swim instead showed an episode from the first season. What the hell? It took me to watch the bootleg snippet on YouTube to see what the episode, titled "The Hunger Strike," was actually about, and some of the commentors on the video said that the episode got banned because it was about BET and puts a terribly negative light on it and yada, and others say it's because of the writers' strike, which shouldn't have been the case because if it was already written and it's supposed to air on a particular date, then that's the deal, I'd imagine. But apparently not.

All I know is my ass is in the dark and I'd like to get some light, please. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to wait 'til that mother is on DVD. Hate to say it, but it looks like McGruder may get the Dave Chappelle treatment, especially if he's talking about going to the web to further his voice.

And besides, if Family Guy got canceled for two and a half years, as well as Arrested Development, you think they'll keep this baby on longer than those? Camman. I'd love to be positive for Aaron, because what he's doing is great, but if his episodes are already getting banned, I'm just not so sure anymore.

It's OK, Aaron. I'm behind you, bro.

No comments: