29 January 2008

Uncertainty in the air: Vampire Weekend.


Because nothing makes me more excited than seeing a bunch of squirrelly white dudes trying to sound Africana and get famous for that reason.

Then again, good music is good music. My homeboy Christian clowned me today asking if I bought their album, but then said,"Or are you gonna protest because you don't want to do that kind of thing?" Which is true, I usually protest a Vampire Weekend-esque band. But hey, I can't protest before I give the cats a listen, right? And shockingly, I wasn't anti- it. I tried to be, but then my roommate Eric made a good point by saying, "I like their direction. I could definitely see 'em live. This is like the Graceland for hipsters."

And after listening to some more tracks, I agree. Shit's not bad.

Listen:
Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
Vampire Weekend - M 79

No comments: