16 February 2008

Video Vault: St. Ides commercials were so gangsta.



Remember St. Ides? If so, I'm terribly sorry. During my short stint as a rebellious youth back in the sixth grade, I would go to the local supermarket and wreak all kinds of havoc. Everyday was like I was in the Smashing Pumpkins' “1979” video.

Anyway, I would go there and just open up cans of beer and feel like a badass and drink it and such. St. Ides was one of those beverages, and lemme tell ya—it was the worst damn liquor. As much as I hate saying the word, it literally was a “pussy-ass” drink. And the funny thing about it was the fact that they had all these rappers like Tupac and Snoop and Wu-Tang and shit doing the commercials.

I would catch these videos when I watched The Box all the time. Damn. The Box. Wow. That was for those like me growing up who didn't have cable at first so had to settle for The Box, and then forgot all about it when I graduated to Rap City. Ahhhh. It was a great channel, though. Wonder where it is now.

More:




Oh, West Coast rap. How I miss thee.

No comments: