12 February 2008

Natalie Cole must've forgotten who she was.


Apparently Natalie Cole is hating on Amy Winehouse for winning all those Grammys while still being a druggie. She tells People:
"I don't think she should have won. I think it sends a bad message to our young people who are trying to get into this business, the ones who are trying to do it right and really trying to keep themselves together," said Cole, 58. "We have to stop rewarding bad behavior."

Yo, Natalie. So I got two things I'm about to reveal. One is when my father told me how he saw you in concert back in the 70s and that you were so coked out that you were there for hours upon hours, not wanting to leave. And he was high himself and thought you were doing too much. Another thing, I recall a particular scene in your made-for-TV biopic where you and your honey were in your house getting high off coke while your young son almost drowned.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but you won several Grammys, most of 'em during your drugged-out heyday.

But now that you're clean and all, I guess you can go around pointing fingers, saying people who are talented don't deserve to win Grammys, which, if I'm not mistaken, rewards you specifically for your musical talents regardless of outside personal battles. I mean, if that wasn't the case, nobody would be award winners.

Oh, how easy people forget.

No comments: