20 November 2007

Writer's strike is pretty serious, folks.


Being a writer myself, I'm all for the writer's strike. It's definitely deserved. I just hate that I'm so fucking enthralled with Ugly Betty that I'll actually be hurt when the lights go out too soon.

But can't say I don't feel their pain. I know I'm not the only one when I say that I didn't even think about writer's not receiving revenue for DVD and iTunes sales. Now that I think about it, that's pretty messed up for the TV industry to not even consider that shit. Don't they know that people don't even bother watching shows during its actual air time, that they just would rather wait to engorge in watching commercial- and interruption-free episodes of their favorite shows?

If anything, I hope the strike gets the writers what they want--and deserve.

More on the strike:
SHIFT: The technology driving the Hollywood writer's strike

No comments: