19 November 2007

When Comedians Ruled the World: Arsenio Hall

Arsenio at the 1989 Emmy Awards. Photo by Alan Light.


A recent dream and a newfound interest in doing the "Woo Woo Woo" fist pump in public places got me wondering what the hell happened to Arsenio Hall.

After seeing Eddie Murphy's successful attempts at a comeback (Oscar nomination, hello!), it's really depressing to see Arsenio's best comeback so far has been his short-lived stint on the return of Star Search four years ago and some appearances on VH1's "I Love The 90s" series.

Nevertheless, he sure is missed. No matter how much I love Conan O'Brien, The Arsenio Hall Show will always be my favorite talk show.

Highlights:
Arsenio interview Jason Voorhees


Aresnio interviews Madonna


Arsenio interviews Tupac (post-controversial interview with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan)


Arsenio and BFF Eddie Murphy, pt. 1-4:





You have a fan in me, Arsenio.

No comments: